If you are a veteran looking to enter or return to the workforce, it is our privilege to assist you. Our staff can help you assess the skills you acquired in military service and how they will fit in the Heart of Texas area job market, as well as help you find additional education or training needed to obtain the job you want. Veterans receive priority for services at each of our Workforce Solutions Centers.
Workforce Solutions provides Texas Veteran Commission – Veteran Employment Specialists that are specifically trained to help veterans of the U.S. Armed Force maximize the employment and training opportunities available to you.
Veterans receive priority of service for a variety of free services including:
Additional Resources for Veterans
- The Texas Veterans Commission,TVC, will aggressively advocate for Texas veterans, their families, and survivors by providing quality service through a dedicated, professional and well-trained workforce.
- WorkinTexas.com provides information about additional Veteran Programs.
- In addition to promoting employment connections between jobs and job seekers, Texas Wide Open For Veterans markets Texas to veterans as a place to live, earn a living, raise a family and enjoy all that the state has to offer.
- Check out the Texas Veterans Portal, which provides information and connections on veteran benefits, education, health, communities and employment.
- You’ve served your country. Now you’re ready for a new challenge. What do you want to do for a living? At My Next Move you’ll find an interactive tool, which helps veterans learn about career options. The site displays tasks, skills, salary information and job listings for over 900 different careers.
- Career One Stop, your source for career exploration, training & jobs.
Need Additional Assistance?
Contact the TVC Representative located at the McLennan County Workforce Solutions Center.
Veterans Employment Representative, DVOP
Texas Veterans Commission – Employment Services
p: (254) 296-5310
f: (254) 754-1645