We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions located at http://www.hotworkforce.com/terms-and-conditions and any other documents referred to) sets out the basis for which any personal data we collect from you, that you provide to us, and/or that will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our policy and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognize the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas provides information through this website as a public service. Workforce Solutions does not represent, guarantee, or warranty the accuracy, completeness, currency, or suitability of the information on this website. Unless otherwise noted on an individual document, file, web page, or other web site, Workforce Solutions grants permission to copy and distribute the information for non-commercial and non-profit use, as long as the content remains unaltered and credit is given to the source. Workforce Solutions is not responsible for the security of private information (including social security numbers, addresses, telephone numbers, etc.) transmitted via email or through the site. Any information submitted through the services of the Workforce Solutions website will be available to appropriate Workforce Solutions staff to assist them in fulfilling their governmental duties
PERSONAL DATA AND INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
The Personal Data we may collect and/or access may include:
- Identity Data: first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender
- Social Security Number: all or part of your social security number may be requested on applications for services such as child care financial assistance for verification purposes and to avoid duplicative entries; any form or application requesting any part of your social security number is optional and you are not required to provide it
- Contact Data: name, mailing address, email address, and phone number
- Event or Service Registration Data: name, mailing address, phone number, employment status, occupation information, military veteran information
- com Account Data: email address, first and last name, date of birth, username, for the purpose of providing services in creating and/or helping you with an existing account
- Premier Virtual Account Data: email address and/or name for the purpose of helping you create or access and update your profile for our virtual hiring events
- Equal Opportunity Monitoring Data: for application of services at the extent voluntarily provided, including race, ethnicity, disability, and military veteran information
- Usage Data: information about how you use our website and services using cookies (as discussed further below)
- Data Voluntarily Submitted: any data you voluntarily submit through online contact forms, chat or other forms of online communication
- Marketing and Communications Data: your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
- Job Search Data: including location, job type, industry, job interests and resume information for the purpose of providing related job search services to you at your request
- Job Application or Verification Data: including mailing address, employment history, including employer, dates of employment, reason for leaving, and location, education history, including institution, degree, and areas of study, last few digits of your Social Security number for verification purposes and to avoid duplicative entries, and any other personal information that may be voluntarily provided in your resume or cover letter for the purpose of verifying eligibility for services you requested or applied for and/or in providing job matching services at your request
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Data but is not considered Personal Data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your Personal Data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as Personal Data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
HOW YOUR DATA IS COLLECTED
We may collect Personal Data from a variety of sources and methods. This includes but is not limited to:
- a) Information You Give Us. We collect Personal Data that you voluntarily share with us through our Sites or by corresponding with us by chat, text, social media or website post or comment, phone, email or otherwise. This includes Personal Data you provide when you:
- Fill out a contact us form;
- Participate in surveys, polls, interviews, or questionnaires;
- Subscribe to our publications;
- Register for a virtual hiring event, job fair or workshop hosted by Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas;
- Apply for child care services;
- Request marketing materials;
- Request reminders about upcoming events you may or may not have registered for;
- Fill out an employment application with businesses we provide services for;
- Community forums;
- Give us feedback; or
- Attend any of our events, promotions, or other programs where we collect information about you.
- b) Service Providers, Partners, Contractors and Affiliates. We collect Personal Data from other sources including our trusted partnerships with service providers and where we operate accounts on third-party platforms, including virtual event or meeting platforms, WorkinTexas.com, email platforms, and social media platforms. Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas staff and contractors also have access to data you provide with our partner networks and affiliates such as the Texas Workforce Commission.
- c) Information We Collect Through Technology on Our Sites. We collect information through technology to enhance our ability to serve and communicate with you. When you access and use our Sites, Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas and, in some cases, our third-party service providers collect information about how you interact with our Sites. We describe below methods we use to collect information through technology.
- d) IP Address and Other Connection Information. When you visit our Sites, we collect information including your device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, and Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is often associated with the portal you used to enter the Internet, like your Internet service provider (ISP), company, association, or university. While an IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, we cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address. We do not link your Personal Data to device identifier information, browser information, and IP addresses. Where, according to local law, IP addresses and the like are considered Personal Data, then we treat them as such.
- f) Google Analytics. We use third party cookies provided by Google Analytics to assist us in better understanding visitors to our Sites. These cookies collect IP address and usage data, such as the length of time a user spends on a page, the pages a user visits, and the websites a user visits before and after visiting our Sites. Based on this information, Google Analytics compiles Aggregate Data about Site traffic and Site interactions, which we use to offer better Site experiences and tools in the future. Google Analytics does not collect any Personal Data (other than IP Address which may be considered Personal Data in some countries) and we do not link the usage data from Google Analytics to Personal Data. For more information on Google Analytics, visit https://support.google.com/analytics.
- g) Your “Do Not Track” Browser Setting. Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature (DNT) that informs the websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Many websites and applications, including our Sites, do not currently respond to web browser DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. For more information about DNT signals, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com. However, we also do not track your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services or allow third parties to do so.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect to serve you, improve your experience on our Sites and improve our services and online content. Some examples of how we use personal data we collect include but are not limited to:
- Responding to service and information requests;
- Evaluating feedback and complaints;
- Responding to questions and requests for assistance;
- Determining your eligibility for services you request or apply for;
- Verifying your identity and eligibility information for services you request or to provide assistance at your request;
- Communicating with customers and Site visitors about our services and events;
- Improving services, resources and content we provide in person or online;
- Continuously evaluating and improving the online experience;
- Ensuring content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Providing you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- Fulfilling our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- Notifying you about changes to our services;
- Complying with local, state or federal laws or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas, our customers and visitors, or others, including to maintain network and information security, for fraud prevention, and to report suspected criminal acts.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about our services which may be of interest to you, and we may contact you about these by mail, email, social media or chat.
HOW WE SHARE THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
All information Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas collects or maintains is subject to the provisions of the Texas Public Information Act and other federal and state regulations governing information sharing. Such laws are subject to being changed by Congress or the Legislature at any time. In most circumstances, the law currently requires Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas to release to the public any properly requested information collected about visitors to its Sites. Information will not be disclosed to other third parties unless Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas receives a Request for Public Information and the law requires Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas to disclose the information requested.
Web site visitors who email comments, inquiries, or online forms to Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas, or who provide personally identifiable information to the Texas Workforce Commission, should keep in mind that the Texas Public Information Act may require Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas to access and release such information if requested.
Although such laws may require Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas to release information about visitors to its sites, it does not automatically collect any personally identifiable information. Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas uses server logs to record a visitor’s IP address and to collect general information about the visit to the web site, such as the time and length of the visit, and the web pages accessed during the visit. Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas collects this information only for site management and performance monitoring. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information.
The only personally identifiable information that Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas saves about site visitors is the information that visitors submit to Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas through email, online forms, or services of Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas’ sites.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
We do not sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties.
We may at times provide information about you to third parties to provide various services on our behalf, such as processing credit card payments, serving advertisements, conducting contests or surveys, performing analyses of our services or customer demographics, and customer relationship management. We will only share information about you that is necessary for the third party to provide the requested service. These companies are prohibited from retaining, sharing, storing, or using your personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
If we use third party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf, these companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel GIF or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, and/or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If you would like more information about this practice and your choices contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO A THIRD PARTY
Our Sites may also contain embedded content from other websites such as videos, images, articles and other forms of content. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Although we do not use personal data for any other purposes than what is stated in this policy, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You have the right to access, update, correct, and delete your Personal Data, which you may do so by sending an email with your specific request to email@example.com or mail your written request to:
Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas
Attn: Information Technology
801 Washington Ave, Suite 700
Waco, Texas 76701
In addition, you may cancel or modify the email marketing communications you have chosen to receive from Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas by clicking the Unsubscribe and Update Profile links in the footer of marketing emails you receive from us. Alternatively, you may email Workforce Solutions at the Heart of Texas at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, stating “Unsubscribe” in the subject line and what email addresses you wish to no longer receive Workforce Solution for the Heart of Texas emails. Within a reasonable period, we shall ensure that such email addresses are unsubscribed.
To opt out of text messages from us, reply STOP to a text you received or send an email to email@example.com stating “Text Opt Out” in the subject line and what phone number(s) you wish to no longer receive Workforce Solution for the Heart of Texas texts.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information that you provide to us is stored on our secured servers or on the secured servers of our third-party service providers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted and processed by a third-party vendor. Personal Identifiable Information you submit through one of our online forms or applications is stored on our third-party service provider’s secure servers, which is encrypted and meets HIPAA-level compliancy. Our Sites have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under our control. We encrypt the transmission of the information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use generally accepted standards and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We retain the Personal Data collected through our Sites as long as permitted or required by applicable law.
Workforce Solutions for the Heart of Texas
ATTN: Information Technology
801 Washington Ave., Suite 700
Waco, Texas 76701